Best Summer Party Ideas
Who doesn’t love a summer party? As far as we are concerned, the answer to that question is - NO ONE!
Here at GWlegal the team simply loves a good get-together, whether that’s with workmates, friends or family. What better time to do so than when the sun is shining and the weather is warm (at least by English standards!)?
From BBQs to parties with a unique twist, here are the GW team’s top picks for summer dos this season…
Teresa Abols, Property department, and food lover
Teresa is a real foodie and she makes some killer dishes to boot! Devoted to her growing family (grandkids, yay), the lovely T says you can’t beat a good BBQ with the family and close friends this summer. In addition to some smoking meat and veg on the barbie, Teresa says a BBQ would not be complete without some lovingly-made side dishes. Her famous potato salad comes highly recommended by everyone who has ever tasted it. As a very special treat to our clients, we are even including the recipe below:
- Place potatoes into a large pot with salted water; bring to boil. Once cooked, drain and set aside to cool.
- Mix potatoes, mayonnaise, peas, hard-boiled eggs, onion, mustard, salt and black pepper. Add the (not so) secret ingredient Bacon!
- Place in the fridge to cool for about an hour.
Linda Cummins, Wills and Probate department, and ice cream fan
Linda is by no means boring, by nature or by party choices, so we were not surprised when she suggested an… ICE CREAM party! Gather up your nearest and dearest and head to the world’s largest purpose-built ice cream parlour, which happens to be right here in England! The Cheshire-based parlour is an enormous circular building, at the epicentre of The Ice Cream Farm, and houses over 50 flavours of award-winning Cheshire Farm ice cream flavours and sorbets. There is also a children’s play area, so it’s suited to the whole family. Could there be a better way to cool off this summer? We think not!
Richard Espley, Director of Equity release, and football fantatic
Our in-house football expert, Richard suggests throwing a good old-fashioned football party, during which friends and family members can get active, soak up the summer sun and enjoy a fun game or two, before snacks and drinks or even a BBQ.
You may not know that GWlegal currently sponsors local team ‘West Kirby Pathers U7s’ which Richard’s son plays in. Team members from across our Financial Claims, Equity release and Property departments also play in a Business League every Thursday. We love our footy here at GW HQ!
Lee, freelance copywriter, and animal enthusiast
A true crazy animal lady, Lee suggests ditching the summer party this summer in favour of a lovely hike through the woods at Larton Riding School in the Wirral. Is there anything more relaxing than a trot through the wonderful countryside as the sun shines? Lee thinks not! Alternatively, if you’re not so adventurous, enjoy an iced coffee at the Cat Cafe in Manchester.
Gavin Thorpe, Property department, and history advocate
In his spare time, Gavin (or Gav) loves history - from visiting historical sites to binging on historic programmes on Netflix. We certainly weren’t shocked then when our beloved Sales man suggested a medieval reenactment as a great way to pass time this summer. We just can’t wait to see our Gav dressed up as a court jester! For more information on events coming up, head to https://www.medieval-siege-society.co.uk/
Emily and Alex (Marketing), fancy dress connoisseurs
GW’s marketing team feel costume parties are appropriate all year round, the steamier months included! As some of GW’s most passionate fantasy fans, the duo recommends a Harry Potter-themed fancy dress party this summer. Make it challenging and a little different by asking guests to come up with summer-appropriate wizard or witch outfits or even opt for a fantastical pool party.
Other fantastic things to in Liverpool and its surroundings
- Albert Dock really is a little piece of paradise in the Liverpool city centre. With water views, great restaurants and bars, museums, galleries and the Beatles Experience, you can easily spend an entire day here.
- Street food at Independent Liverpool’s Baltic Market is a real treat anytime of the year. From fried halloumi chips to real Italian wood-fired pizza, you can find something to satisfy all tastes here. Total yum!
- Shopping at Liverpool One is always a good idea, if you ask the ladies (and many of the men) here in the GW offices. After you’ve exhausted the shops, head to Bold Street for your choice of just about any cuisine for lunch, from Indian to Middle Eastern and everything in between.
- Take a short train to the Wirral, where you find landscapes of all sorts from beaches to rolling countryside. Total bliss.
We offer the everyday legal services you require to move smoothly through each stage of life’s journey. Property law when purchasing your first home. Equity release when you are ready to retire. Financial Claims or personal injury services when something goes wrong. Will writing and estate planning to protect you and your loved ones.
If you have a legal matter you wish to discuss don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can call us on 0345 373 3737 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org with your question.
Who are GWlegal? We’re a national firm with local values.
How can we help?
Click here to send us an enquiry
Content correct at time of publication.