We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Conveyancing Assistant to join our busy and highly regarded Conveyancing department. The successful candidate will provide a comprehensive and efficient support service to the Solicitor/team leader and assist in the smooth transaction of cases.
It is essential that you have previous experience of working within a high-volume environment and a sound and demonstrable knowledge of all aspects of residential conveyancing as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision. In particular you should have experience of dealing with residential leasehold sales and purchases, shared ownership/staircasing agreements, right to buy, new build, limited company buy to lets and auction properties.
This is a challenging and varied role and it is essential that the successful candidate has a proven track record of case handling from instruction to completion.
Other responsibilities include:
• Opening new files
• Carrying out and checking pre-contract and pre-completion searches
• Liaising with clients/estate agents/solicitors/introducers/lenders
• Checking client ID and associated compliance matters
• Obtaining and checking Land Registry documents
• Drafting and issuing of contract papers
• Dealing with enquiries on sales files
• Obtaining redemption figures
• Freehold title reviews and raising associated enquiries
• Reviewing and reporting to client on mortgage offers
• Chasing up and monitoring release of funds
• Exchanging contracts
• Preparation of completion statements/dealing with completions
• Submitting online SDLT
• Accurately recording information onto the case management system
The successful candidate will have an excellent telephone manner and strong communication/organisational skills. A good standard of PC/Keyboard skills (minimum 30 wpm) are essential. As well as being customer focused, candidates must be able to work as part of a team and have the ability to liaise with people throughout all levels of the organisation.
Hours of work – Monday – Friday 9.15am – 5.15pm – flexibility to work from home and will consider both full and part time applications.