We have an excellent opportunity for a Conveyancing Assistant to join our busy and highly regarded Conveyancing department.
This is a challenging and varied role and the successful candidate will provide a comprehensive and efficient support service to the Fee Earner and assist in the smooth transaction of cases.
It is essential that you have previous experience of working within a high volume environment and a sound and demonstrable knowledge of residential conveyancing (both sale and purchase) as well as the ability to work with minimal supervision whilst delivering a quality service.
• Opening new files
• Carrying out and checking pre-contract and pre-completion searches
• Liaising with clients/estate agents/solicitors/introducers/lenders
• Checking client ID
• Obtaining and checking Land Registry documents
• Drafting and issuing of contract papers
• Dealing with enquiries on sales files
• Obtaining redemption figures
• Reviewing and reporting to client on mortgage offers
• Chasing up and monitoring release of funds
• Exchanging contracts
• Preparation of completion statements/dealing with completions
• Submitting online SDLT
• Accurately recording information onto the case management system
The successful candidate will have an excellent telephone manner and strong communication/organisational skills. A good standard of PC/Keyboard skills (minimum 30 wpm) are essential. As well as being customer focused, candidates must be able to work as part of a team and have the ability to liaise with people throughout all levels of the organisation. Some fee earning experience would be advantageous but not essential.
Hours of work – Monday – Friday 9.15am – 5.15pm