Properties that go bump in the night
It’s Halloween but for one in seven people in the UK believe their home is haunted it isn’t just today when they have experienced an unworldly encounter.
According to a survey by Ocean Finance;
- 47% have felt a ‘presence’
- 29% have experienced ‘strange and unearthly chills’ around the property
- A fifth have seen items within the property move on their own
- 16% believe they have seen a ghost.
The impact of ghosts on property sales
This may appear a little extreme but having an unwanted house guest could cause a problem should you come to sell your property.
- 30% of people would be put off buying a property if someone had died there
- 23% of people would be discouraged from buying a property close to a graveyard
- 9% of people would not live in a property numbered 13
Buying and selling a property can be a daunting experience, particularly if it’s your first time. We have been helping people buy and sell their homes for over 30 years and can ensure you’re not in for a frightful time!
Click here for a free, no obligation quote for our property services