GWlegal Raises £3,986 In Support Of Dementia UK And Alzheimer’s Society
More than 40 GWlegal staff members have conquered Wales’ highest mountain, raising an impressive £3,986 as a result.
The climbers trekked Mount Snowdon on Sunday 8th April in support of charities Dementia UK and Alzheimer’s Society. The Gwynedd mountain is the highest in Wales, at an elevation of 1,085 metres above sea level, and the highest point in the British Isles outside the Scottish Highlands.
Team GW walked the Miners Track, which is the third-hardest track on the mountain, during which they had to physically climb up the incline using their hands at certain points. While the adventure was a little chilly at first, the keen climbers were soon able to strip off their thermal layers and enjoy the stunning Welsh views wearing just t-shirts (and trousers, of course!).
While team members at the Liverpool law firm agreed the climb was challenging (and has resulted in many staff hobbling around the office in the days following!), they said it was an excellent team-building exercise, as the trek involved people from across Property, Personal Injury, Marketing, ICT and Accounts departments, who don’t always speak with each other day-to-day.
The team at GWlegal began fundraising for the event in February. Fundraising efforts included ‘Guess how many sweets in the jar’ competition (which raised £100 and was won by our receptionist Jenny Richey) and a ‘Time for a Cuppa’ event (which raised £100), transforming the staff lounge into a tea party full of goodies baked by team members, and featuring the famous chocolate brownies crafted by GW’s in-house Mary Berry AKA Jenny Gibbons (of The Little Whisk, her side-business).
Our Snowdon walkers:
- Francis Quinn, Equity Release Administrator
- Jenny Gibbons, Administrator
- Emily Davies, Social Media and Marketing Assistant
- Chris Martin, ICT Development Manager
- Michael Reid, Sales
- Andrew Cahill, Fee Earner
- Paul Cahill, Head of Financial Claims
- Josh Hallam, Sales
- Mike Tamblyn, Senior Case Management Developer, ICT
- Anna Boyadjian, Fee Earner
- Matthew Steadman, ICT
- Nicola Robinson, Administrator
- Oliver Goddard, Supervisor, Archives
- Sharon Lynch, Ledger Clerk, Accounts
- Michelle Hatton, Assistant Finance Manager
- Joanne Rice, Accounts Clerk
- Deanna Hughes, Administrator
- Molly Quirke, Remortgage Administration Assistant
- Kevin Smith, Manager, Personal Injury
- Olivia Blundell, Trainee Solicitor, Personal Injury
- Sheena Valente, Solicitor, Personal Injury
- Alexander Loveless, Marketing Manager
- David Lowry, Solicitor, Conveyancing
- Clare Miller, Equity Release Administrator
- Lee Jones, ICT
- Chris Dellaway, Sales
- Sam Cottrell, Manager, Sales
- Tochukwu g. Orji, Trainee Solicitor, Property
Thank you for the great effort, team!
Travel to and from Snowdon was generously funded by GW partners Chris, Simon and Eddie.
GWlegal would also like to thank Tracey Crich and Chloe Beevers at Alzheimers UK and Daisy Wilson at Dementia for their support, advice and well wishes.
We offer the everyday legal services you require to move smoothly through each stage of life’s journey. Property law when purchasing your first home. Equity release when you are ready to retire. Financial Claims or personal injury services when something goes wrong. Will writing and estate planning to protect you and your loved ones.
If you have a legal matter you wish to discuss don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can call us on 0345 373 3737 or email us email@example.com with your question.
Who are GWlegal? We’re a national firm with local values.