Craving a sea change? These are the UK’s cheapest seaside towns
Dreaming of the sea, but not able to afford the likes of Sandbanks in Dorset, where the average property will set you back more than £650,000?
Mortgage lender Halifax has revealed the most affordable seaside towns the UK has to offer, according to average house prices in 2017. They are…
1. Port Bannatyne, Scotland, £71,550
2. Newbiggin by the Sea, North, £75,779
3. Campbeltown, Scotland, £80,737
4. Girvan, Scotland, £85,082
5. Millport, Scotland, £86,392
6. Saltcoats, Scotland, £87,881
7. Rothesay, Scotland, £90,284
8. Irvine, Scotland, £94,070
9. Wick, Scotland, £94,623
10. Ardrossan, Scotland, £94,823
Emma Coffey, property expert at Goldsmith Williams Solicitors, comments:
“As we move into the warmer months, it certainly is refreshing (no pun intended) to know seaside destinations aren’t unobtainable for buyers with a more modest budget.
“Like any property transaction though, it is always worth consulting an experienced property solicitor to ensure the often stressful conveyancing process goes as smooth and stress-free as possible.
“Bring on the summer!”
Content correct at time of publication