2018 | A Year In Review
It’s been a year full of highs at GWlegal.
As per tradition, here is our year in review. Check out last year’s.
Our staff amazed us… yet again
We are still in awe of how many charity initiatives members of our amazing teamGW were involved in throughout 2018. Some of our biggest staff achievements included:
• Team members raised almost £4000 to support those affected by dementia and alzheimer's by climbing a Welsh mountain. Read more about this fantastic effort here.
• Avid runner and equity release trainee case manager Clare Miller ran 1300 miles - raising lots of cash for worthwhile charities along the way. This is all despite breaking her elbow. Her miles add up to equivalent of travelling from Liverpool to Italy. Talk about commitment!
• Fee earner Helen Airey raised an admirable £1187 to support of Marie Curie, a charity that support those affected by terminal illness in the UK. How did she do it? This is not one for the faint hearted - Helen skydived 11,000 ft. from a plane! Our staff supported her by wearing yellow to work.
• Property department team member Samantha Davies fundraised £574.50 in support of Wirral Mind, in addition to climbing Mount Snowdon. She choose a local mental health charity to commemorate her late father, Michael Lydiatt.
• Personal injury manager Kevin Smith raised over £700 to support Prostate Cancer UK by completing the super difficult Tough Mudder UK challenge. What a superstar!
In addition to these amazing charity achievements, staff members (particularly our solicitor trainees) also progressed professionally. Here are some of our stars of 2018:
• Olga Kmiec has a super interesting background - she is Polish-born, studied in the US, completed an internship with the Polish government, and then moved to England where she studied law in Swansea and Oxford - and has worked her way across our Personal Injury, Financial Claims and Property departments. A true all-rounder! Well done, Olga.
• Tochukwu g. Orji always wanted to become a solicitor “to make an impact and help people”. He continues his training in our personal injury department. Great stuff, Tochukwu!
• Olivia Blundell graduated with a degree in Law and Criminal Justice from John Moore’s University in 2015. She then went on to complete a Legal Practise course. Olivia is now a valuable member of GW’s financial claims department. We salute you, Olivia! We hope you feel that all that hard work has paid off.
We were nominated for national awards (and even won!)
• We won Best Landlord Services Provider.
• Were nominated for Best Tech Innovator.
• Longlisted for Conveyancing/ Legal Business of the year.
• And then won Conveyancing/Legal Business of the year.
Thank you to all the amazing team members who made this national recognition possible.
We developed new products for our clients
The property team introduced the firm’s first ever dedicated service for first-time buyers. The package is both beneficial and fun, resources for great selfies in your new home included! Find out more about GW’s First Moments here.
We took care of our introducers
Some of the incentives we developed for our loyal brokers included:
• A great new Sale & Purchase offer
• The BTL Toolbox
• £800 towards your dream holiday
We’d love to hear your feedback on these offers. Please give us a shout!
We said goodbye to someone very special
2018 was also the year that our beloved partner and firm co-founder Eddie Goldsmith decided to retire, after more than 30 years at GWlegal.
Eddie was also honoured with a Lifetime Achievement Award.
We cannot thank Eddie enough for all that he has done to make GWlegal the firm it is today. His expertise and extensive knowledge of property law will live on in a property department indefinitely.
Good luck in all your future endeavours, Eddie (and don't forget to visit us).
And now, let's bring on 2019!
We offer the everyday legal services you require to move smoothly through each stage of life’s journey. Property law when purchasing your first home. Equity release when you are ready to retire. Financial Claims or personal injury services when something goes wrong. Will writing and estate planning to protect you and your loved ones.
If you have a legal matter you wish to discuss don’t hesitate to get in touch. You can call us on 0345 373 3737 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org with your question.
Who are GWlegal? We’re a national firm with local values.